Skip to content
If you are thinking about traveling away from your local community, ask:
- Is COVID-19 spreading where you’re going?
You can get infected while traveling.
- Is COVID-19 spreading in your community?
Even if you don’t have symptoms, you can spread COVID-19 to others while traveling.
- Will you or those you are traveling with be within 6 feet of others during or after your trip?
Being within 6 feet of others increases your chances of getting infected and infecting others.
- Are you or those you are traveling with more likely to get very ill from COVID-19?
Older adults and people of any age who have a serious underlying medical condition are at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19.
- Do you live with someone who is more likely to get very ill from COVID-19?
If you get infected while traveling you can spread COVID-19 to loved ones when you return, even if you don’t have symptoms.
- Does the state or local government where you live or at your destination require you to stay home for 14 days after traveling?
Some state and local governments may require people who have recently traveled to stay home for 14 days.
- If you get sick with COVID-19, will you have to miss work or school?
People with COVID-19 disease need to stay home until they are no longer considered infectious.